Part Number: TE-2002
Enhanced Ethernet Switch RJ-45 connector
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch (EES) RJ-45 from Technica Engineering is a Standard Ethernet switch with strong AVB/TSN capabilities that provides the user 8x Gigabit Standard Ethernet ports and 2x SFP+ connectors allowing 2x 1Gb/10Gb lines for data uplink. The EES with its different variants is the successor product of the Media Gateway.
The EES can establish virtual point-to-point connections, using single-tagged VLANs (802.1q) and double-tagged VLANs (802.1q-in-q), thus enabling filter and control over data streams. Each port provides 8-levels of Quality of Services (QoS) classes and advanced traffic filtering capabilities with ingress and egress rules, which ensures the prioritization, resource reservation, and control mechanisms over the data received.
Through an internal configuration website, the users can easily configure the device for their use cases, abstracting the complex underlying switch hardware. This includes VLANs, port mirroring, forwarding or filtering, deep inspection through TCAM rules, port segmentation, and many other features offered by Layer 2 switches.
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch provides a reliable gPTP/802.1AS automotive profile stack for time synchronization that allows strong customization possibilities to adapt to any customer use case. Our product is also capable of Audio Video Bridging (AVB) functions with the possibility to statically configure stream reservation and shaping features (802.1Qav).
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch is also prepared for additional TSN functionality support: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, and Qbu. Customer-specific use cases can be supported if needed. Contact the Technica Engineering sales team for additional information and individual set up proposals.
The product also provides wake-up and sleep features.
Technica Engineering launches this device with three variants to provide more flexibility to the users.
- 8 × RJ-45 ports for 100/1000BASE-T Standard Ethernet
- 1 × MQS connector
- 2 × SFP(+) Ports for Logging data output (up to 10Gbps each)
- 1 × 100BASE-TX Standard Ethernet Port with Host for configuration
- 22 × Status LEDs (16 of them at the RJ-45 ports)
- Extended voltage range: 12 to 24 Volt Automotive battery voltage systems compatible
- Power consumption: 8 to 14 Watt
- Extended operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Robust steel case
- Size 164 × 120 × 35 mm
- Easy configuration via webserver and remote configuration messages
- Import and export configurations
- Single/Double VLANs
- Port Mirroring
- Port Segmentation
- Wake-up/Sleep functionality
- Possibility to reset to default settings by push button
- Network Time Synchronization: the support of several standards (ANVU gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) allows the user time synchronization to adapt to any use case
- Dual speed capable (both 100- and 1000BASE-T)
- Bandwidth Reservation
- Ingress Rate Limiter
- Advanced data Filtering tables
- Supports Jumbo frames
- Individual use cases for the following TSN functionalities: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, Qbu (check with our Technical Sales Team)
Further information below