TE-1172: Prototype, incl. tc10 support
TE-1173: Standard product
CM 100 High
The CM 100 High is an active tap device that is used to capture the 100Base-T1 traffic of up to 6 point-to-point 100BASE-T1 connections (12 ports in total). The traffic is captured without causing interference on the network and delivered with a 40 ns resolution hardware time stamp, allowing for analysis of AVB/TSN traffic. With a traffic shaping feature included, the logged output of multiple bus channels is steadily transferred to a data logger or test PC, eliminating bursts that might lead to a loss of data.
Our Capture Modules provide an output of all logged data in Standard Ethernet frames via the Technically Enhanced Capture Modules Protocol (TECMP), and thus allow for traceability of the source of traffic, on-the-source timestamp, packet counter, etc., making Ethernet the ideal logging network.The device emits messages timestamped with 40ns resolution, providing a fast and efficient solution including an extended Power Mode for car integration. Messages are sent within the PDUs of Ethernet MAC II frames via 100BASE-T1 (or Standard Ethernet).
Several devices can be used on the same setup, as further 100BASE-T1 ports have to be captured, or in case you want to log additional bus interfaces. The built-in synchronization using 802.1AS allows the simultaneous use of the Capture Module 100 High with other devices. This also enables cascading of multiple Capture Modules via the Enhanced Ethernet Switch.
The device can easily be configured, via the built-in webserver of the Capture Module 100 High. Additionally, the device includes a rotary switch for the manual configuration of its IP addresses.
Our Capture Module 100 High includes a Startup buffer and high-speed Startup feature (<200ms), so the initial Startup information is not lost. Hence, the device can record all the important information emitted by the vehicle systems directly from the startup, so that no message is lost in the logged traces.
Technica Engineering´s Capture Module is a highly innovative and unique traffic capturing solution, with exclusive characteristics adapted to the current technological requirements in the Automotive field.
Our new generation of active tap devices, the Capture Module family, is developed to fulfill the most critical requirements in contemporary automotive ECU development, which is the reason why our products are used by the premium OEMs in the field. Its innovative features make the Capture Module 100 High a great choice for a variety of testing scenarios.
- 3 × MQS connectors for 6 × 1000BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet link lines
- 1 × Rotary switch
- 1 × MQS connector with 1 × Host port for configuration only
- 3 × RJ-45 1000BASE-T Standard Ethernet ports for logging and time synchronization
- 21 × Status LEDs (6 of them at the RJ-45 ports)
- Voltage range: 12 to 24 volt DC
- Power consumption: 5 to 8 Watt
- Robust galvanized sheet steel with black powder coated housing
- Size: 167 × 130 (143) × 32 mm
- Optimized for automotive and automotive-like use-cases
- Captures the traffic from up to 6 100BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet link lines (one input and one output for each link line)
- Easy configuration via web server or dedicated UDP frames
- Network Time Synchronization supports several standards (ANVU gPTP/802.1AS, PTPv2) – allowing the user to synchronize multiple Capture Module variants and other devices
- Device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Extended power mode for car integration
- Wake-up/Sleep functionality
- Use of the Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), which is royalty free and provides timestamping, source information, etc. (natively supported in Wireshark (v3.4). GPL C libraries for conversion to PCAPNG available at https://github.com/Technica-Engineering)
Further information below