Part Number: 1190
CM SERDES GSML2/3
The CM SerDes of Technica Engineering is a logging device for the GMSL 2/3 technology. It is used to capture and timestamp SerDes communication, which is needed to log the communication data of modern camera systems (sensors and/or ECUs).
With the Capture Module SerDes, you can capture up to 4x GMSL2/3 sensor data stream point-to-point connections without influencing the network itself. Sensor data (GMSL forward link) is forwarded from the sensor (connected to the CM deserializer port) to an ECU (connected to the CM serializer port). At the same time, the data is being captured and sent to a logging port packetized in Ethernet frames using the TECMP protocol. Control data (I2C and GPIO) transmitted using the GMSL reverse link is also forwarded between the sensor and the ECU while it is being captured by the CM.
To be able to log data with a minimal impact on the tested system, the Capture Module is placed in the middle of the communication line that is observed. This enables highly accurate time stamps on the recorded data.
Our Capture Module SerDes can be used to log up to 4 channels of GMSL 2/3 data, hence it has 8 ports (4x incoming traffic, 4x outgoing traffic). The device has two MATE-AX Quad Fakra connectors for the GMSL2/3 incoming and outgoing traffic lines. For sending the captured traffic, it has 4 SFP+ slots. Via these SFP+ ports, the logged data can be transferred to a data logger or PC.
Additionally, the Capture Module Serdes GMSL2/3 contains a power connector, two Gigabit Standard Ethernet ports for configuration/time sync, and a rotary switch to configure the device IP. When the Capture Module Serdes GMSL2/3 is connected to a PC via the configuration port and a LAN cable, you can configure the device via an easy-to-use HTML configuration website.
Each message captured from the in-vehicle network (Automotive Ethernet, CAN, LIN, SerDes, …) is encapsulated in a standard transport layer frame. This requires embedding in a standard Ethernet frame according to IEEE 802.3. Data from non-Ethernet communication systems, as well as Ethernet-based systems, are transported in Ethernet frames and identified unambiguously using the TECMP protocol.
Our CM SerDes supports 802.1AS to enable time synchronization in applications with multiple communication technologies (SERDES, CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, …) logged by our Capture Modules. Further, the TECMP protocol is supported to provide synchronized logfiles including important meta data, ASAM CMP will be supported as well.
- 4x GMSL2/3 video links (8 ports). MAX96793 GMSL2/3 Serializer used for connections to ECUs and MAX96792A GMSL2/3 Deserializer used for connection to sensors. Variants for HFM and Tyco Mate-AX quad coaxial connectors
- 1 × MQS connector with 1x Host port for configuration only
- 4x SFP+ Ports for Logging data output (up to 10Gbps each)
- 2x RJ-45 1000BASE-T Ethernet Ports for configuration and time sync
- Extended voltage range 9 to 24 Volt DC (nominal 12/24 Volt DC)
- Galvanic isolation between battery and camera connection through a dedicated galvanic isolated DC/DC.
- Power consumption: 17 to 32 Watt (depending on connected SFP Modules)
- Dimensions: 240 x 131 x 65 mm
- Robust aluminum anodized case with integrated heatsink.
- Temperature Range: -40°Celsius to +75°Celsius
- Captures the traffic from up to 4x GMSL2/3 sensors link lines (one input and one output for each link line)
- Easy configuration via webserver and remote-control APIs
- Import and export of configurations
- Network Time Synchronization supports several standards (AVNU gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) – allowing the user to synchronize multiple Capture Module variants and other devices
- Source timestamping with 40 ns resolution
- High-speed startup (<400ms)
- TECMP (Technically enhanced capture module) protocol support
- Support for injecting POC (Power over Coax) from the capture module (12V regulated) or bypassing the POC provided by the ECU
- Extended voltage range: 12-to-24-Volt automotive battery voltage systems compatible
- Wake-up/Sleep functionality
- Rotary switch for manual configuration of the device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Possibility to reset to default settings by the rotary switch
Further information below