Part Number: TE-1175
CM Ethernet Combo
The CM Ethernet Combo is an active tap that can be used to capture the traffic from 1 x 1000BASE-T1 line (between two DUTs) and 2 x 100BASE-T1 (between four DUTs) lines correspondingly. The traffic is captured without causing interference on the network and is delivered with a 40 ns resolution hardware time stamp, thus allowing for AVB/TSN traffic analysis. With a traffic shaping feature included, the logged output of multiple bus channels is steadily transferred to a data logger or test PC, eliminating bursts that might lead to a loss of data.
All logged data are provided in standard Ethernet frames via the Technically Enhanced Capture Modules Protocol (TECMP). This protocol enables traceability of the source of traffic, on-the-source timestamp, packet counter, etc., making Ethernet the ideal logging network. The Capture Module Ethernet Combo emits messages timestamped with 40ns resolution, providing a fast and efficient solution supported by its Extended Power Mode for car integration. Messages are sent within the PDUs of Ethernet MAC II frames via 100BASE-T1 and 1000BASE-T1.
Several Capture Module devices can be used to capture data on your setup, as soon as more Ethernet ports are needed, or different bus systems have to be captured. The built-in synchronization using 802.1AS allows simultaneous use of the Capture Module Ethernet Combo together with other Capture Modules. This also enables cascading of multiple Capture Modules via the Enhanced Ethernet Switch.
The device can easily be configured on a browser website, via the built-in webserver of the Capture Module Ethernet Combo. Additionally, it includes a rotary switch for the manual configuration of its IP addresses.
The CM Ethernet Combo includes a Startup Buffer and the High-Speed Startup feature (<200 ms), so the initial startup information is instantly captured. Thereby, the device can record all the important information emitted by the vehicle systems, without missing any message in the communication between devices.
Via the configuration website, the Marvell 88Q2112 A2 PHY’s “IEEE mode”, as well as the “Legacy mode” are supported by the Capture Module Ethernet Combo. For a detailed technical description, please check the User Manual.
Technica Engineering´s Capture Module is a highly innovative and unique traffic capturing solution, with exclusive characteristics adapted to the current technological requirements in the Automotive field.
Our new generation of active tap devices, the Capture Module family, is developed to fulfill the most critical requirements in contemporary automotive ECU development, which is the reason why our products are used by the premium OEMs in the field. The variety of additional features makes the Capture Module Ethernet Combo a great choice for a variety of testing scenarios.
- 1 × MQS connector for 2 × 100BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet link lines
- 2 × MATEnet ports for 1 × 1000BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet link line
- 1 × Rotary switch
- 1 × MQS connector with 1 × Host port for configuration only
- 2 × RJ-45 ports for 1000BASE-T Standard Ethernet for logging and time synchronization
- 12 × Status LEDs (4 of them at the RJ-45 ports)
- Optimized for automotive and automotive-like use-cases
- High voltage range: 12 to 24 volt DC
- Power consumption: 6 to 10 Watt
- Robust galvanized sheet steel with black powder coated housing
- Size: 137 × 129 × 33 mm
- 1000BASE-T1 and two 100BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet link lines
- Network Time Synchronization supports several standards (ANVU gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) – allowing the user to synchronize multiple Capture Module variants and other devices
- Source Timestamping with 40 ns resolution
- High-Speed-Startup (<200ms)
- Startup Buffer
- Output Traffic Shaping
- AVB/TSN capture capable
- Time-aware injection
- Rotary switch for manual configuration of the device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Extended Power Mode for in-vehicle use
- Wake-up/Sleep functionality
- Use of the Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), which is royalty-free and provides timestamping, source information, etc. (natively supported in Wireshark (v3.4). GPL C libraries for conversion to PCAPNG available at https://github.com/Technica-Engineering)
Further information below