Part Number: TE-2004
Enhanced Ethernet Switch H-MTD MACsec
The EES MACsec H-MTD from Technica Engineering is an Automotive Ethernet switch with strong AVB/TSN capabilities that allows the users to connect up to 8x gigabit Automotive Ethernet ports and 2x up to 10Gb ports available through SFP+ connectors.
The specialty of this variant (TE-2004) is the support of the MACsec technology, which is enabled by the use of specific PHYs. Additionally, it supports the MKA (MACsec Key Agreement) implementation of Technica Engineering.
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch H-MTD MACsec can establish virtual point-to-point connections, using single-tagged VLANs (802.1q) and double-tagged VLANs (802.1q-in-q), thus enabling filter and control over data streams. Each port provides 8-levels of Quality of Services (QoS) classes and advanced traffic filtering capabilities with ingress and egress rules, which ensures the prioritization, resource reservation, and control mechanisms over the data received.
Through an internal configuration website, the user can easily configure the device for their use cases, abstracting the complex underlying switch hardware. This includes MACsec-related features, VLANs, port mirroring, forwarding or filtering, deep inspection through TCAM rules, port segmentation, and many other features offered by Layer 2 switches.
The EES H-MTD MACsec provides a reliable gPTP/802.1AS automotive profile stack for time synchronization that allows strong customization possibilities to adapt to any customer use case. Our product is also capable of Audio Video Bridging (AVB) functions with the possibility to statically configure stream reservation and shaping features (802.1Qav).
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch is also prepared for additional TSN functionalities support: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, and Qbu. Customer-specific use cases can be supported if needed. Contact the Technica Engineering sales team for additional information.
The product also provides wake-up and sleep features. For a detailed technical description, please check the User Manual of the Enhanced Ethernet Switch H-MTD MACsec.
- 8 × H-MTD ports for 100/1000BASE-T Automotive Ethernet
- 1 × MQS connector
- 2 × PPS pins for time synchronization use cases
- 2 × SFP(+) Ports for Logging data output (up to 10Gbps each)
- 1 × 100BASE-TX Standard Ethernet Port with Host for configuration
- 14 × Status LEDs
- Extended voltage range: 12 to 24 Volt Automotive battery voltage systems compatible
- Power consumption: 6 to 13 Watt
- Extended operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Robust steel case
- Size 198 × 141 × 39 mm
- Sending and receiving of MACsec protected and encrypted traffic
- Support of the MKA (MACsec Key Agreement)
- Easy configuration via webserver and remote configuration messages
- Import and export configurations
- Single/Double VLANs
- Port Mirroring
- Port Segmentation
- Wake-up/Sleep functionality
- Possibility to reset to default settings by push button
- Network Time Synchronization: the support of several standards (ANVU gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) allows the user time synchronization to adapt to any use case
- Dual speed capable (both 100- and 1000BASE-T1)
- Bandwidth Reservation
- Ingress Rate Limiter
- Advanced data Filtering tables
- Supports Jumbo frames
- Individual use cases for the following TSN functionalities: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, Qbu (check with our Technical Sales Team)
If you have any question or you are wishing to receive the User Manual or more information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org